Labels

March 21, 2012

The countdown begins...

36 weeks has been an eventful week for us. The weekend was spent putting together the rest of her things together. Bouncy chair...check. Swing...check. Carseat...check. Curtains hung...check. All we need now is our little peanut!

Yesterday, was another doctor's appointment. During the appointment, Dr. Deka let me know that Baby H is in the 14 percentile for height and weight. At 10% they start to worry, so she is still in the "safe" range, but obviously close to the 10 percentile. So with that, Dr. Deka is having me do Non-Stress Test (NST) twice a week. With the test, they strap a band around the belly and monitor her heart rate. They are checking to make sure her heart beat is lower at rest and higher when she is moving. Another strap monitors contractions (not that I am really having them) to monitor her heart beat during a contraction. They want to make sure she is not stressed during them. I am also having to go in once a week to have my amniotic levels checked. If they go too low or Baby H's heart rate does not show a difference from resting state to active state then they will induce me. I am 37 weeks tomorrow, so I have reached full gestation, and the next 3 weeks are spent putting weight on Baby H...which she needs :) But if I do go in the next few weeks, everything will be developed on her! Right now everything is precautionary. They are just seeing if we are just having a small baby or is something not working right with her. A small baby is just fine as long as she is healthy...which everything right now points that way :)

I know they are doing this to make sure she is healthy, but it is still scary. It was not what I was expecting going into my appointment yesterday. I go back again Friday morning to do the NST.  My blood pressure and weight were good. I have put on 29 pounds during the pregnancy!  I really don't feel like I have put on that much weight, so that is a good thing. I did grow 2cm this week, so I am now 35cm, which is in the healthy range for how far along I am. I am feeling good...just a little anxious with all of the new developments, but getting excited to meet our little girl. It is crazy to think she could come any day...or it could be 4 more weeks (my doctor will only let me go one week past my due date.)

♥ Meggan

1 comment:

  1. Hoping all goes well with your appointments this week. Cannot wait for you to hold her in your arms.

    ReplyDelete