Labels

March 14, 2012

our little peanut

I went to the doctor this morning to get an ultrasound on Baby H. Of course they were running late, so I sat as patiently in the waiting room as I could. At least there were some good magazines to read while I waited. When I was finally called back, and they started the ultrasound the first thing the technician says to me is "Geez...look how big your bladder is! Do you need to pee?" I actually did not, but I guess it good to here something is big on me during my pregnancy :)

The technician measured everything on her...her head size, abdomen, leg and arm length, heartbeat, blood flow in umbilical cord, amniotic fluid, oxygen levels. Baby H took some practice breaths during the ultrasound, so she was able to record those too. She also told me that she has some hair on her head too...phew, she won't be bald until she is 3 like me! After the technician finished, she told me, "she is the 15% and still in the safe range. I am going to go talk to the doctor." So there I sat for what seemed like forever wondering what they were talking about. Do I need bed rest? Is she really okay? Are they going to induce me because she is not growing? The doctor comes in and looks at the information, and says "everything is healthy with her. She is small, but still in the safe range, and everything is she is doing is healthy." I kept asking, "so she is okay? she is healthy?" The doctor probably thought I was a crazy pregnant woman, but he is used to it. The technician was super sweet and told me, "wouldn't you rather deliver a 6lb baby as opposed to a 10lb baby?" As long as she is healthy...yes!

So overall, Baby H is safe, healthy...just small. She will be our little peanut! I don't think we will have a basketball center on our hands, but with her parents' height, I don't think too many people thought we would!

♥ Meggan

No comments:

Post a Comment