Labels

October 2, 2011

Telling Friends + Family

This weekend marked the beginning of telling our friends and family. After having a great ultrasound on Friday, we felt comfortable finally telling people. We started our Saturday morning calling people, sometimes leaving messages to call back. When we left a message, I wanted to make sure it did not "tip" off we were are pregnant, but I did want to make sure they called me back soon...especially my 517 roomies (college roomates)! It was so much fun telling everyone, and hearing their excitement! Some people seemed very surprised by our news, while others responded "I knew it!" As long as we waited to tell people, it was just amazing to be able to do it.

Last night, we told our Arizona Gonzaga friends! We had a dinner party at our house that we planned a few weeks ago. All day, Bill and I were talking about how we wanted to tell them. All I knew is I wanted Bill to tell them. I have been able to tell so many people, and I wanted him to get the excitement of telling everyone.

Right before people arrived we decided, I need to be "drinking" so Bill chugged a beer, rinsed it out, and filled it up with a water/ice tea mixture. As friends began to arrive, I began to drink my "beer." After everyone settled in, we all headed outside to sit and talk. With 8 of us out there, we had many conversations going on, and I kept eying Bill wondering when he was going to tell people. Finally he had his chance! Someone was talking about due dates (all of the ladies in our group are pregnant!) and Bill asked Jill when she was due. Then Robyn. Then Kate. Then he pointed at me and said "April 12!" Everyone just started to scream "congratulations!" "I knew it!!" " So excited!!"

It was so much fun to see their responses, and to FINALLY be able to tell them!

      Jill- November 24. Robyn-January 22. Kate- February 14. Meggan- April 12.

♥ Meggan

No comments:

Post a Comment