Labels

October 21, 2011

Stroller Stalking

My new obsession is strollers. I had no idea there were so many options with SO many price differences. For all of you who have not had children in awhile or who have never looked into strollers, just Google strollers and you will understand the stress that expecting mothers endure before the baby comes!

Two weeks ago at a Jill's baby shower, one of her friends had a stroller she LOVES! She swears is the best stroller ever, and after much investigation I am beginning to agree. One problem. It is expensive. I have justified it in my head...it has so many sitting options for the baby; we can add an seat adapter if we have another child; it is easy to use and not too heavy!

After I decided this was "the" stroller for us, I have seen it everywhere. I had one opinion of the stroller, but I needed more. Another friend has the Uppa Baby stroller, which she loves and is very similar to "the" stroller, so I took that as another YES to the stroller,

This past weekend we were in Seattle and EVERYONE had the BOB stroller (basically a fancy jogging stroller!) I did some investigation into that and decided although everyone loves it, I don't think it is the stroller for us. I wouldn't mind a jogging stroller at some point, but right now not my focal point.

Yesterday, as I was walking Kona I saw a woman with "the" stroller. I decided I need to see if she liked it. She was in the park near our house walking in one direction, so I decided to go the other way so I could make the eye contact and ask. As she came close the first time, I did the friendly smile and a look at the stroller to make sure 100% it was "the" stroller. I knew I would see her again as we excited the park. so I decided to make my move the next time I saw her. As we neared for the second time, I pulled the headphones out of the ear and asked, "Do you like your stroller? My husband and I are thinking of buying it for our baby." She gave a nice smile, and said "No English." Of course! The total stranger I had stalked for her stroller did not speak English.

I am continuing to do research on "the" stroller, but I am almost 100% we will get it or one very similar!

♥ Meggan

1 comment:

  1. Let me know what you think!! Is there a place you can test-stroll it?? I love the Uppa Baby too!! We're gonna test it soon and I'll keep you posted! xo

    ReplyDelete