Labels

September 20, 2011

Manhattan Beach

I wrote this when we got back from Manhattan Beach, but I could not post it until we went to Oregon...

LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Last weekend, we went to Manhattan Beach to visit my aunt and uncle. We were very excited to go and get out of the Arizona heat. We knew we were not going to be able to hide Baby H from them, and so made the decision to tell them. Also, we would be seeing them in two weeks for my cousin Samantha's wedding...they could be allies in hiding my drinking.

As we got to their house, they offered us a beer right away, and put some wine in the fridge. I knew there was going to be no hiding it this weekend...so I said "I won't be drinking this weekend. We're pregnant!" The response we got was AMAZING..."so are we!!!" Of course we jumped up and gave them huge hugs! When we asked when are they due, we could not believe the response...April 7. What!

Immediately, we began our pregnancy talk and the guys opened beers. We could not believe that our babies are going to be only a few days apart. We were married a month apart (almost to the day, our wedding rings are almost identical) so it just makes sense that we would have our first babies together. This will be the first baby in the McBride family in 16 years...so of course we should have two at one time! My Grandma Bruna is going to be a Grandma again and a Great-Great Grandma for the first time in the same month. Potentially, the same day!  CRAZY!

Have Bridget pregnant with me is going to be awesome. This weekend, it was just fun to have someone understand my weird eating. Example...lunch we shared a pretzel, I had fries and chicken fingers, and it wasn't weird when we asked the waiter for an extra pickle! We both love our carbs right now...Thank your Bridget for getting back on bagels ☺

our lunch only pregnant women can eat!

Next weekend (September 17) we will be in Oregon for Samantha's wedding. They will almost be at 12 weeks, so they are going to tell some people. I cannot wait for my parents to find out. My mom keeps saying "how fun it would be for Bridget and I to be pregnant at the same time." All I say, "I really hope it happens." She is going to freak when she finds out!

I cannot wait to tell my brothers and Molly next weekend. And I think we are telling the Grandma's too!

♥ Meggan

No comments:

Post a Comment